Wednesday, September 23, 2009

ON DAY 29 POST KIDNEY TRANSPLANT - WAKING TO THE AROMA OF A HEAVENLY BREAKFAST.........

After a very peaceful night's sleep, I awoke 30 minutes ago, to the wafting aroma of bacon and eggs cooking in the kitchen and voila, Jeremy at the stove preparing my breakfast. He just weighed me in at an unofficial 212 lbs., with the Mayo Clinic recording 214.6 lbs. yesterday. After last night's delicious BBQ dinner, I hardly lost 2.6 lbs. in the past 24 hours, thus the difference between an amateur and professional weight scale. The outing we are planning today is a return to Lake Pleasant Marina and Harbor, to do some boating and where Father Oliver and Jeremy will jet ski, which I would try if I could, but alas, cannot as at this stage of convalescence I am not allowed to be submerged in water, but only briefly shower in it. My morning blood sugar was 110 today, the acceptable upper limit, thus requiring only 12 units of Novalog, short term insulin, with no sliding scale. My temperature this a.m., was 96.9. Alene is the early bird of my two sisters and is awake and emptying the dish washer as I write this blog column. I am looking forward to another relaxing and recreational day, cognizant that my dinner must be before 7 p.m. tonight, in order to fast for the blood labs at 7:05 a.m. tomorrow. A Monday/Thursday Mayo Clinic itinerary this week is otherwise maximizing my down time enjoyably, leaving plenty of time to feed my newsy-nosy personality, as I refer to my penchant for current events and contemporary issues. Venturing into what I anticipate will be another fullsome day, there will be more to come later today. All My Love.........Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive