Sunday, September 27, 2009

POST KIDNEY TRANSPLANT SUNDAY # 5 - I AM BLOGGING, OLIVER IS AT MASS, JEREMY IS WATCHING FOOTBALL.........

On this Day 33, following my kidney transplant, the fifth Sunday since the transplant took place, I am writing my second blog column for today, after checking my e-mail, while Jeremy is watching the broadcast NFL football games and Fr. Oliver has gone to Mass, at Our Lady of Joy Church. He will be bringing Holy Communion back to me. I am looking forward to attending Sunday Mass there myself, two weeks from today, our final Sunday in Phoenix. With my strength and stamina increasing by the day, I should be able to attend and participate in a full Mass by then. Jeremy intends on returning to the Connolly's Sports Grill /Pub for a few hours this afternoon, to watch the otherwise blacked out here Oakland Raiders game. Meanwhile, Oliver will marinate the spareribs we are BBQ-ing for dinner tonight. As I have fasting blood labs starting at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow at the Mayo Clinic, my dinner must be eaten by 7 p.m., tonight. Today's Phoenix temperature is expected to reach 108 o F, after reaching 106 o F, yesterday. Ironically, it will remain in the low to mid 100's through Tuesday and the forecast is to drop to 95 o F, on Wednesday, the day Fr. Oliver returns to Ireland. Having taken my morning meds between 8-8:15 a.m., and my blood sugar being a low 87, after registering 94, at bedtime; my temperature at breakfast time was 96.8; my weight was 215 lbs.; and at 10 a.m., my blood pressure was 205/81; (likely a result of last night's french onion soup, which has significant sodium, and is another reason as much as I enjoy it, that I eat it sparingly) and my pulse was 85;. I will be having the remainder of the Shepherd's Pie from last night for lunch in a couple of hours and will kickback and chillax until taking my daily walkabout. In this heat and humidity today we will have to choose a cooler setting than 108 o directly. My blog has surpassed receiving 300 visits, since I started it on April 19. Thank you to all my blog followers and regular readers.........All My Love + Gratitude, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive