Monday, September 28, 2009

POST TRANSPLANT KIDNEY BIOPSY & ULTRA SOUND HAS US OUT THE DOOR BY 5:45 A.M. .........

Giving Jeremy a solid morning to sleep in, after his first 10 solid days of caregiving for me, Oliver and I were up and out the front door heading to Mayo Clinic before 5:45 a.m., for my 35 minutes earlier than usual, 6:30 a.m., fasting blood labs. Then I checked into the hospital for today's outpatient procedure, a kidney biopsy and ultrasound. It was done without anasthesia, only an i.v. line put in, should I have needed it. The ultrasound of my new kidney was done first, and then Dr. Patel arrived and prepped me for the biopsy. Explaining that he would take one or two samples of my kidney and after applying sedative cream/gel to the area around my kidney, he took the biopsy gun in hand and snapped it while lightly pressing into my kidney. Seconds later he declared his first attempt on me, successful and said he had gotten a sufficient amount of kidney for testing. After about 15 minutes more in the surgical room and 45 minutes in the recovery room, where Oliver was paged to join me, the nurse released me. We went straight over to the Mayo Cafeteria, where I took my morning meds and insulin and had scrambled eggs, bacon, and orange juice for breakfast. Now it is time for my afternoon meds, insulin and lunch. My breakfast time blood sugar count was a low, 134; and my lunch time count was an even lower, 105; the latter despite my mid morning snack, which included a cake donut. More spareribs, corn on the cob, and cream of celery soup for lunch, with ice cream for dessert.........To Be Continued...Love + Prayers, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive