Friday, September 18, 2009

DAY 24 POST KIDNEY TRANSPLANT - THROUGHLY ENJOYING CAREGIVER JEREMY'S VISIT ALREADY.........

14 hours after his arrival here last night, I am already enthralled to have Jeremy Lipp, my La Ros Blanca Restaurant waiter and personal trainer, here with me as a caregiver and a friend. He is so spirited, energetic, and thoughtful, in responding to me and proving for my post kidney transplant caregiving. Jeremy and my sisters, Alice and Alene, are striking up a nice rapport and complement one another in carrying out my primary caregiving. Jeremy will be teamed with them this weekend and with Fr. Oliver during his nine days visit with me as of Monday night. We are preparing for our daily trip out to the post office and then need to go to the bank and the store to prepare for the weekend. Now that there's a male caregiver in the mix for the duration of my stay, simplifies the completion of my daily ablutions. Especially showering, as my weakened abdominal muscles are making standing without support especially in water, difficult. His presence will be of assistance in assuring my safety while in the shower. My incisional wound scab is peeling away naturally and the expected fluid discharge from it has not occurred yet, if indeed it does. We have decided to maximize our use of this very beautiful and well maintained backyard veranda and lawn, by BBQ-ing Sunday evening. My pain level has reduced to only a 1-2, on a scale of 10, and it has been more than 10 hours since my last necessary pain meds dose. Jeremy, with an assist from Oliver, will be doing the driving here in Phoenix until we return to Sacramento. He is excited to be here helping to take care of me, is in Phoenix for the first time, other than to pass through town on the way to Mexico, and he tells me this is the first time he has traveled away from home this distance without other family members. Kudos and appreciation to him for taking valuable time out of his college, work, and personal schedule, to provide for, and support me, in my post transplant convalescence.........Love + Prayers to Everyone of You, "Transplant" Troy.........

1 comment:

Julia (Cuny) Meyer said...

Father Troy,
I have been sharing your updates with my uncle and aunt, Richard and Louise Szabo. They wish to convey to you a desire for your continued speedy recovery and wanted to let you know that you are in their thoughts and prayers.
On another note, that barbecue sounds quite tasty!

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive