Wednesday, May 18, 2011

WORKING OUT THE REMAINING BACK PAIN, ON THIS THE 54TH ANNIVERSARY OF MY BAPTISM...........

The pain remaining from my healed, lower left back, infection is still slowly working its way out of being deep in the muscle, and has been bothersome for the past three days.  The pain reliever keeps it tolerable, and my therapy exercises, help; yet also tend to increase the pain, as I stretch my muscles, so I must push forward and hope my soon to be placed temporary prostheses, which will get me up out of the wheelchair and the bed, will assist me in working out of the pain.  Today, May 18, the 25th Day of the Easter Season, is the halfway point in the Paschal Season.  We are just 25 Days to Pentecost Sunday 2011.  On Pentecost Sunday at all the Masses, I plan on delivering The State of the Parish Address, which was postponed from February 11, Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Feast.  I intend to be true to my Baptism, Gospel Values, and the Prophetic Voice, of the Priesthood of Jesus Christ, in the direction, ideas, and ministries, I propose OLOL take and embrace in 2011-2012, as we move forward in building up the Body of Christ and God's Kingdom.  I awoke to two interesting offshoot comments, to my blogging on Church Vocations and Awareness this week.  One, that OLOL revert to boys only altar servers, when that is a decided practice, given the Vatican's approval of altar servers of both genders, a common practice in very many, if not the majority of American parishes, for upwards of thirty years.  Secondly, that I allow someone to solicit tuition for themself, on my blog !  What that has to do with recruiting Church Vocations, or how it is the responsibility of the blogsphere confounds me.  An economically challenged parish, how unable to provide financial assistance to even our own parishioners, how we can even be asked to support someone else financially, astounds me.  Today, being my day off, I will make this a day of rest.  Then this evening a number of my personal friends will join me at the kick-off meeting to coordinate my 25th Anniversary, Silver Jubilee of Priesthood, which starts 350 Days, from today...........Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive