Saturday, May 7, 2011

2 WEEKS COMMEMORATED.....5 WEEKS TO BE CELEBRATED...........

On this 2nd Saturday of Easter, we complete the second full week of the Paschal Season, and the 14th Day, of These 50 Glorious Days.  As my physical therapist Quinn McArthur, told me last week, the level of therapeutic work-out I am doing with him twice a week, will require additioinal regroup and rest time, for my body, on Wednesday nights /Thursday mornings; and Friday nights / Saturday mornings.  I am doing that to the best of my ability, and not only resting and napping; but praying more, and doing spiritual and personal reading, as well as following the news on radio, television, and the internet.  I am also finetuning my Sunday Homily today.  Being pretty much anchored in the rectory, while I am in the wheelchair, able to go outside safely only with the assistance of others; means I welcome a varirty of well rounded diversions, as the four walls and lack of independent mobility, is getting very old after sixteen weeks of hospitalization, rehabilitation, and convalescence.  I welcome opportunities to break out, which is one of the greatest contributions Fr. Oliver provides me when he comes to spend time with me the past nine years.  He intentionally makes it a point to get me out of the rectory daily, while he is here, to refresh, renew, and redirect, my mood and energies.  Monday, will bring me  such an opportunity, as two of my former parishioners will come to visit me and go out to lunch with me.  Freedom !  Emanicipation !  Fresh Environs !, for an hour or two, at least.  My Sunday Bulletin announcement requesting parishioners available to provide me transportation to doctors appointments, and therapy sessions, got no response this week.  I do not feel it is fair to depend on  the one parishioner who has provided me transit since my return seven weeks ago,  so I will have to continue taking taxis to those appointments.  Anyone in my circle who is available on Wednesdays and Fridays, between 1 pm - 3:30 pm, who can provide me with rides to my physical therapy sessions, is welcome to contact me.  That's all for now, as we strive to keep the Spirit of Easter Alive Now And In The Coming Five Weeks...........Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive