Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A POINT FIVE EASTER DAY FOR ME ON THIS 11TH DAY OF THE PASCHAL SEASON...........

If indeed I am said to celebrate and / or commemorate, any and all, occasions of significance in my mind and heart, today, the 11th Day of Easter, can be said to be such a day.  Having marked my 24th Anniversary of Ordination to the Prioesthood on Monday, and my First Mass a Priest, yesterday, today May 4, makes me  54.5,  thus what I refer to as my half birthday, six months into my current year.  That's news perhaps only to me, but indicates anew my delight and fascination with numbers.  Bishop Emeritus Francis A. Quinn, was visiting me at Mercy General Rehab, on March 11, when I wished him a Happy  89.5.  When he inquired of me as to what I meant, smiling and chuckling at me as he did; I informed him he was 6 months in his current birthday.  Chalk it up to quirkiness, or my intense love of history, dates, details, and numbers, recalling and recognizing dates like this, are a distinctive part of my personality.  With that, let me rise to do my morning ablutions and prepare for 8 am Mass , while I watchb and listen to the, 'Today Show', in the background.  Today is my weekly day of rest, with one of my weekly physical therapy sessions built in from 1:30 -3 pm.  So I will rest and chillax, then taxi over to Swanson-McArthur for my third pt session, since resuming this schedule last week.  Have a brilliant 80 degrees temperature day in Sacramento, and equally good weather, where-ever you may be !!!!!!!!!!!  May We, Following The Risen Lord's Example, Here The Cry Of The Poor,   Fr.  Troy 

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive