Thursday, May 19, 2011

MAKING THE MOST OF A HODGE PODGE 26TH DAY OF EASTER...........

My reading glasses having fallen in the car of the parishioner who drove me to and from my physical therapy session yesterday, I was Mr. Magoo, the beloved cartoon character, until mid-day today, as I had no ability to read anything up close.  It has been a remarkable six hours seeing with new eyes, to paraphrase the youth ministry motto, of my pre-seminary days, "Seeing With the New Eyes Of Faith".
It was a sorting out day in the Parish Office, squaring away the Sunday Bulletin, arranging Mass Intentions requests, and awaiting return of my Reading Glasses.  Father Traynor arrived just after 4 pm, for a visit, and stayed for dinner.  I am chillaxing in preparation for Mass in the morning, my afternoon therapy session and Sunday Homily preparation tomorrow.  I continue to enjoy reading Fr. Steve Avella's engrossing e-mail reports on his tour travels through Britannia.  Yesterday, chronicles of Glastonbury and Bath; today, the pursuits of Chester and Liverpool.  With Fr. Avella's professional, professorial, precision as a writer and a lecturer, his pericopes on tour in Great Britain, is nearly as good as being there, the descriptions and details he imparts are so very good.  Fr. Steve's in England and the United Kingdom; while Queen Elizabeth is on her first official visit to the Republic of Ireland.  Imagine where theIR twains to meet, the story, as he he could share.  Thanks Steve for staying in touch from your time presently spent, "across the pond".  Your sharing from abroad, is helping round out these May Days, in this undecidely California spring weather...........Think of me when having either fish n' chips, or bangers and mash !!!!!.....Fraternally in the Risen Jesus,   Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive