Friday, May 6, 2011

PLEASE GOD, ONE YEAR FROM TODAY WILL BE THE SUNDAY OF MY SILVER JUBILEE...........

One year from today at this hour please God, I will be celebrating my 25th Anniversary Silver Jubilee Mass as a Priest of Jesus Christ.  Having had ample time in hospital and rehabilitation, to think through the celebration, this week in my spare time, I have been setting some of the details in motion, including organizing a Coordinating Committee, to help me with the planning and preparations.  The Siver Jubilee Sunday 25th Anniversary Mass, will take place here at Our Lady of Lourdes Church, on North Avenue, between Winters Street and Raley Marysville Boulevard, in Sacramento; the parish of my current pastorate.  The Jubilee Reception-Dinner-Dance, will be at the Dante Club, on Fair Oaks Boulevard, just down the street from CSU-Sacramento.  Over the years, I have attended a number of memorable events there, from the Teres Bugatto - Mike Mugnaini Wedding Reception in 1985; to Monsignor Edward J. Kavanagh's 60th Anniverary Diamond Jubilee in 2008.....It is time for my afternoon nap, having returned from my ninety minute physical therapy for today...........Risen Christ / Sacred Heart of Jesus Peace,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive