Friday, May 27, 2011

ANOTHER GREAT PT SESSION INCLUDING THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE ON MY LOWER LEFT BACK...........

OLOL parishioner Steven Sandoval, was my driver today for the first time to and from, my Friday physical therapy session.  Therapist Quinn McArthur was back, after being off on Tuesday when I was last there.  Having been casted for my temporary prostheses this morning at Anchor, which lead to having it placed on me next Friday; I not only did my usual regimen of therapy exercises this afternoon at Swanson-McArthur, but had a further new therapeutic experience, as we push forward to the next level of prosthesis therapy, with a concentrated massage on my lower left back, both mechanically, and by direct hand massage to my back joints, by Quinn.  This morning Clint told me that for the first week of wearing my temporary prostheses, he wants me stand up out of the wheelchair, at a counter top, for as many minutes as possible several times throughout the day, and to do some of my feet exercises, if I am stable and secure enough standing in that position to do so.  In that way my right leg muscle atrophy and water retention over the past four months plus, will begin to change the dimensions of my my amputated stump and the prosthetic socket.  He will then begin changing the socket as necessary.  My chief sign that a socket adjustment is necessary will be any pain caused by the prostheses.  It was a very good day, which revved up my adrenaline anew.  Fortunately, tomorrow is a relatively light holiday Saturday, with the Sunday Vigil Mass being my primary ministry activity of the day...........Happy Memorial Day Weekend America, And God Bless All My Friends, Parishioners, Caregivers, Nurses, Doctors, And Therapists,   Fr.  Troy  

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive