Thursday, May 26, 2011

TWO THIRDS OF THE WAY THROUGH THE PASCHAL SEASON, WE HONOR ST. PHILLIP NERI, PRIEST...........

 9:38 am - On this Thursday May 26, the thirty fourth of these 50 Glorious Days of Easter, the Universal Church celebrates the Memorial of St. Phillip Neri, Priest.  Born in Florence, Italy in the early 16th Century, Phillip found his way to Rome as a young man where he discerned his vocation and answered God's Call, becoming a Priest of Jesus Christ. Yesterday's Episcopal Ordination as Bishop, of my St. Patrick's Seminary, San Francisco priestly classmate and colleague, the Most Reverend Thomas Anthony Daly, still has my spirits soaring, it was indeed a memorable moment in Church history.  This afternoon, my St. Rose's Parish, friends of over thirty, Ted and I rene Dahlberg, are coming to go to lunch with me.  It will good to spend some quality time with them.....455 pm - Wrapping up the afternoon with the Parish Secretary, and a 3:30 pm dro p by visit with Fr. Traynor, led me a brief afternoon nap before dinner, after a return call from my Indianopolis seminary classmate and colleague, Reverend Father Daniel Barrett Donohoo, who is celebrating his Silver Jubilee a priest, on June 5th / 6th.  I was at Fr. Dan's Ordination as a priest in 1986, and was planning to be present again in ten days, until OLOL Parish Festival weekend and temporary prostheses therapy intersected with it.  I have sent Dan, my representative gift to stand in my stead, and if Bishop Tom Daly, is present as he too, was twenty five years ago in Indianapolis; he will also be representing me...........Fr.  Troy

      

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive