Wednesday, October 26, 2011

SPENDING MY DAY OFF IN THE RECTORY PREPARING FOR THE RENEW INTERNATIONAL OLOL PROCESS...........

As my next pastoral parish initiative for the common good of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, in Sacramento / Del Paso Heights / Rio Linda / Elverta / Robla / we are little more tjan two months from beginning the RENEW International process of spiritual parish renewal.  As most of my Wednesday days off are currently being spent resting, relaxing, and regrouping, in the rectory, not having the independent mobility to go off the parish grounds, I attempt to keep as much of my day as spiritually, socially, and recreationally, as I can.  In the seminary we were taught, as a priest, we should be able to take our day off at home, in the rectory, without being pulled into work.  That is not the usual norm however, as long as you are physically present, parishioners knowing it is the priests' day off, will continue to call and come to the rectory, seeking to put us to work.  Priests, Ministers, Rabbis, and other religious and spiritual leaders are not Super men and women, who can work 24 / 7 schedules, without time off, anymore than others can.  While being all but anchored in the rectory on my days off, I am striving to strike a balance in favor of being off;  answeing more calls and doorbells than I should be, given the parish office is closed on Wednesdays, and is the rectory housekeeping day of the week; and I repeatedly find that 95% of all Wednesday calls and doorbells, pertain to matters that can just as effectively wait until Thursday, Friday, or the other four days of the week.  Trying to maintain the leisurely, personal,  spiritual, social, recreational, focus on my day off, I am spending time reading RENEW materials, in eager anticipation;and have placed my wheelchair in front of a classic, black and white, film from 1946, "The Razor's Edge", being broadcast for the first time on Turner Classic Movies.  I will heat and eat my dinner during the movie, and then take my p.m. Zyvox antibiotic infusion therapy tratment.  For the most part, it has been a restful, refreshing, day off...........Renewed For The Week Ahead,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive