Friday, October 28, 2011

FUNERAL MASS, PHYSICAL THERAPY, PARISHWIDE SPAGHETTI / TALENT EVENT FOLLOW-UP MEETING FILL THIS FRIDAY...........

The Rosary and Funeral Mass for forty year OLOL parishioner and Del Paso Heights community activist and former school board member, Dora Huntzing was a wonderfully attended celebration of her life from at 10:30 a.m. this morning.  Our Pastor Emeritus Anthony Traynor joined me in concelebrating the Mass; and speaking in Dora's memory in a post Communion reflection was Sacramento City Councilmember Sandy Sheedy.   Dora's adult grandsons, Anthony Barber and Brandon Williams, were altar servers.....  My 1 p.m. physical therapy session with Quinn McArthur was a further success in pushing forward on the rehab front.  After my usual exercises, he walked me around the room with the walker a total of five times, for a total of 200 feet, my second new high distance this week, as Tuesday was 160 feet.  My core strength, balance, and movement, while standing are all improving, increasing I may well be out of the wheelchair, at least partially - by Christmas.....I had a late afternoon meeting with Mirella and Kris, two of the Parish-wide Spaghetti Dinner and Talent Show, to review the expenses and proceeds from the event. Homily preparation and the Revised Roman Missal message for this Sunday, are on tonight's docket, while I do my p.m. infusion therapy treatment...........In Christ Jesus,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive