Monday, October 3, 2011

FIRST MONDAY OF OCTOBER '11 A FULL AND ROUNDED DAY OF PARISH ACTIVITY...........

Celebration of Monday 8 a.m. Mass, followed by the start up of the parish work week with a focus on temporalities and administration until lunch, followed by afternnon fine tuning of my preparation on the current adult fauth formation series, "Understanding The New Mass Texts", of the Revised Roman Missal, 3rd Edition, coming into effect on Sunday November 27, make for a full, rounded day of parish ministry.  Today it also included of delivery of copiers, donated by a local bank, to OLOL for our parish work, which allows us a substantial annual savings from returning the leased copier the parish has had the past few years.  It is a thoughtful and generous donation, at a crucial time with parish finances, where making every dollar spent by OLOL, be of the greatest value possible, to keep the parish budget in balance, while providing for essential needs.  My home health nurse Susan Boyce and I did not connect by telephone this morning until after I was connected to my daily a.m. antibiotic infusion.  Considering today was the day she comes not only to change the port needle and replace the dressing, she also had to draw the required blood labs, for measuring the vanco antibiotic level, which must be drawn twelve hours after the previous infusion.  With a full day of home health care visits on her schedule and my 6:30 p.m. class, she had to come to see me at 8 p.m., and started my p.m. antibiotic infusion therapy at 8:54 p.m.  Ruby and Bill Shepherd came to disconnect me.  After my infusion therapy started and nurse Susan departed, I watched the second hour of the fourth week of, "Dancing With The Stars", and then an episode of a classic, "Alfred Hitchcock Presents", on Antenna TV.  Tuesday brings my regular check-up with Dr. McMonagle, and a physical therapy session with Quinn McArthur, with my South Sacramento providing me rides to them.  Then current pastoral and administration ministry work awaits...........All For God's Greater Glory And The Common Good Of The Community Of Believers OLOL Is,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive