Sunday, October 23, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DEAR FRIENDS PAUL FRIEDRICH AND KARIN GEACH...........

A Happy, Happy, Birthday acclamation to my dear friends, Karin Geach in Laguna, Elk Grove; and Paul Friedrich, in the Arden area of Sacramento.  For the past five to thirty two years, they have been superb friends and fellow believers of, and with me, on my journey of Life and Faith.  Karin and her husband, Roger, and their children and grandchildren have shared many catechetical, sacramental, liturgical, social, and medical times with me, as a catechist, seminarian, priest, pastor, and patient, from Cobfirmations, Baptisms, Weddings, Funerals, in the hospital and rehab, and at home in the rectory.  Karin is my most faithful correspondent, sending me her weekly mailing of self made computer greeting cards, with family and friends updates and creative human interest antecdotes.  The thirty two years I have known her and the Geach Family has been a continuous Joy  Karin's Birthday this Tuesday, October 25th, is also the 64th Anniversary of Ordination to the Priesthood of Monsignor Gerard Schons.....Similiarly, for the past five years plus, my parishioner relationship, since my assignment to Presentation Parish, has become a close family friendship.  Paul is a permanent deacon candidate, in his tthird year for the Sacramento Diocese, and is presently being one of my rehab therapy volunteers.  He, his wife Sharon, mother Sherrie, and daugther Leanna, son Nicholas, and Leanna's boyfriend, Eric, had me to Paul's birthday dinner tonight, a delicious home cooked meal and birthday cake.  All with a German flavor !!!!!!!
It was wonderful to get out beyond the four walls of the rectory, for a social, rather than medical, therapeutic, or ecclesial, reason !!  Paul shares his Birthday with the late, great, comedian and Tonight Show host, Johnny Carson, born 86 years ago, today.  Happy Birthday Paul Today; and Karin on Tuesday. !!  Thanks For Your Friendship, Love, And  Support, ...........Fr.  Troy 

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive