Monday, October 24, 2011

THE MYSTERIES OF A MONDAY MORNING...........

Two, out of the ordinary occurrences took place here at OLOL, in the midst of Monday morning-itis today.  After celebrating 8 a.m. Mass and returning to the rectory to sort out administrative matters, have breakfast, and take my morning antibiotic infusion, my volunteer Jack, discovered the pharmacy's Friday supplies delivery, did not include the tubing required to administer the treatment.  It took over a half hour to reach the appropriate person at the pharmacy, who told me once the delivery man starts work at 10 a.m., she will send him my way.  Thus what is scheduled as a 9 a.m. -11 a.m. therapy treatment, becomes an 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.  treatment.  The twice daily treatments are meant to be twelve hours apart, so I will have to decide what that means for tonight's infusion.....The other mystery this morning was finding one of yesterday's Sunday bulletins in the sacristry, with a handwritten note paper clipped to.  During this Respect Life Month, I wrote a bulletin message about our unconditional belief in respect and reverence for human life from conception to natural death, in affirmation of the dignity and integrity of the human person.  During the past two weeks one longtime parish member apporoached a new, two year, member of OLOL, whose actively energized, family were team members of the Parish-wide Spaghetti Dinner and Talent Show Coordinating Committee, questionoing which, "church committee", she belongs to, allowing her to organize this parish fundraiser.  Knowing based on my current dealings with a very small group of parish members, attempting to control me and parish ministry activities, without working with me, or the parish; yesterday I addressed matters like this, by stating in my Pro-Life message, "the wrongness of questioning or challenging another parishioner's right to participate in life and ministry of the Church".  Stating, "By virtue of Baptism, Discipleship. and Membership, in unity and cooperation with trhe Pastor and Parish, every Catholic=Christian has the right and responsibility to participate in the ministry of the Church".  Furthermore, I concluded that all parishioners, "Let their actions and attitudes reflect this holistic Respect For Life". .....I think that is a clear, tactful, direct, way of addressing a particular issue.  Yet, this anonymous note writer misinterpreted the message and questioned whether I am saying a Catholic can be pro-abortion / pro choice,; and said that this is not possible, anymore than they can be active racists or anti semites.  Closing these comments wuth, "October is respect for life, not tolerance of anti life positions, in our church !".   How this commentator misunderstood, or confused,  the meaning of my message, I cannot phantom.  So be the challenges of being a priest, pastor, and preacher, of Jesus Christ.  Let me make the intention behind my Sunday bulletin message  completely clear :  OLOL and parishes everywhere -  are Communities of Believers, where no one should be self righteous, critical, controlling, or challenging, of the Baptismal right and obligation of every Catholic-Christian member to take part in church activities, collaborating with the Pastor and other parishioners in doing so.  Furthermore, let me declare anonymous comments are the coward's way of communicating.  If you have an opinion to express to me, have the courage of your convictions and do so for attribution of who you are.  Hiding in the shadows of anonymity, is Fear, not Faith, and God's most repeated words to us in the Bible are, "Fear Not; Be Not Afraid".  I sign my name to what I write and blog.  You too, should do the same...........Seeking An Ever Greater Fidelity To Respect And Reverence For Life, UnConditionally And Universally,   Fr.  Troy       

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive