Tuesday, October 4, 2011

THE BOUNDLESS GENEROSITY OF THE HUMAN SPIRIT...........

Today was a double dip, become triple dip, day of doctor appointment / therapy session / lab work, for me, and my friend and volunteer driver, Ted Dahlberg.  With the plethora of medical, therapeutic, and lab, appointments I am having to currently keep, parishioners, friends, and volunteers like Ted Dahlberg, Bill and Ruby Shepherd, Jack and Patty Pennington, and all my other caring, compassionate, selflessly serving, volunteers who consistently and continuously step up, and are here to provide for my essential needs at present, especially the antibiotic infusion therapy connects and disconnects twice daily; and providing me with vital transportation to and from my appointments outside the rectory and away from the parish plant are truly magnanimous.  Several of them, more than once over the past eight months, have done what Ted Dahlberg did today - punctually appear early to pick me up in the rectory, and drive me to multiple, back to back, appointments from Dr. McMonagle's office in the Placer Town and Country center at North Sunrise Avenue, just north of Doughlas Boulevard, in Roseville; to Swanson-McArthur Physical Therapy center in Carmichael, on Madison Avenue, just west of Van Maren Lane; to an unexpected until we were having lunch call from Labcorp. on Coyle Avenue, just a few blocks away, to come in as soon as possible to provide them a sample.  Patiently, politely, with the fullness of friendship and faith, and with the boundless generosity of the human spirit, as do the others in my current circle of volunteers, inordinately assisting me, not because they have to, but because they want to.  Ted gave me six hours of his time and consideration today; willingly, happily, supportively.  I am grateful beyond measure for him, and my other friends, parishioners, past and present, who say Yes : unconditionally.  Thank You.  God Bless You.  And Know, My Heart-filled Prayers, Positive Thoughts, And Best Wishes Are With You Now And Forever...........Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive