Saturday, October 15, 2011

ANOTHER SATURDAY NIGHT IN; NO INFUSION THERAPY, BUT R.C.I.A. PREPARATION YES...........

The greatest frustration I am contending with during these months of therapy, rehabilitation, and convalescence, post amputation and continuing treatment lower left and right back infection, is my lack of mobility outside the rectory, church, or parish hall; and the inordinate, walls closing in, time I am spending in the rectory, much of it alone.  The inability to just get in the car and drive myself anywhere; my inordinate need for volunteers to drive me to medical appointments, and therapy sessions, or to other meetings and activities; and having to call a taxi for further outings, which in five and a half months have cost $1,485.00; feels so limiting, although I continue to carry out my priestly ministries.  The extra excelerated activity of this past week, with Priests' Study Days, Msgr. Patrick O'Neill's Funeral in Vallejo, and this morning's special diocesan meeting at Holy Spirit School Auditorium in Land Park,  were most welcome by me, as a means of going out and beyond the parish grounds, for more than medical or therapeutic purposes.  I do not mean to complain, or to be critical of others, just honestly externalizing my feelings, to stay positive and proactive, and not let all this pull me down.  As Dr. Cookson wisely stated in January : "It is necessary that I keep a positive, uplifted, attitude, because it is essential to my healing, that I do".   Other than TV Land and Antenna TV classic television shows, R.C.I.A. prep for tomorrow morning, is my companion tonight.  Hopefully, both will fill the vacuum of social interaction that is minimized at present...........Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive