Friday, December 3, 2010

SETTING, PRINTING, AND SENDING,THE PARISH CHRISTMAS SCHEDULE..........

AT 4:45 pm Thursday, as I sat in the St. Lawrence Parish rectory in North bHighlands awaiting the arrival of other priests for dinner and the Advent Communal Reconciliation Service and Confessions, my cell phone rang with an incoming call from Laguna, in Elk Grove.  Recognizing the phone number and sitting alone for awhile, as the Pastor made final preparations for the evening, I answered the call.  It was from Karin Geach, the friend I chose as the recipient of this year's "Josephine Treatment", my mother's Anniversary Memorial Roses.....In addition to the regular Friday Parish Office activities of addressing the papers, messages, and document spread across my desk that require a response or follow-up from me, answering and taking phone calls, or meeting with those who come by or drop into the office needing to see me, I have two important projects today.  Getting the parish Christmas schedule folders printed; and working on the Lay Canossian Advent Retreat Talk I will be giving in the Parish Hall tomorerow to about 100 members of the Lay Canossians.  After rearching the printing possiblities in the parish area, FED EX across the strret from the Natomas Marketplace on Truxel Road, now in the boundaries of Divine Mercy Parish, although previously in Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, was the closest and least costliest choice. Remarkably they were ready to be picked up at 4 pm today, a first in my parish experience of getting Christmas and Easter schedule folders professionally printed. Whenever possible, I choose to do business within the boundaries of OLOL, with our parishioners and neighbors.  Tonight we have a Holy Hour of Adoration from 6 -7 pm, followed by Benediction and Mass.  Then it's back to fine tuning my Canossian Advent Talk and Homily, for tomorrow and put my Sunday Homily in final order..........All In Praise To Our Light And Salvation, Jesus the Christ,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive