Friday, December 31, 2010

NEW YEAR'S EVE WITH JUST THIRTY MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT...........

In the lyrics of Barry Manilow, "It's Another New Year's Eve"; and in the signature New Year's Eve song of the late, Guy Lombardo and his Royal Canadians, "Auld Lang Syne";  and we are down to thirty minutes before Midnight and the ushering in of  2011 !!!!!!!!!!!  With thirty minutes to go the late night countdown show of the 39th annual Dick Clark's Rock'in New Year's Eve 2011 has begun, as Americans on the West Coast of the United States prepare for the ball drop heralding the beginning of 2011..........Since celebrating the 5 pm New Year's Vigil Mass here at OLOL, which was offered for the elevem parishioners who passed on during 2010, plus our three deceased former Pastors. founding Pastor Msgr. John Terwilliger, and Fathers William Broderick, and Cornelius O'Donnell;  47 persons were present tonight; we have only one New Year's Day Mass in the morning at 10:30 am - which means my long. leisurely, evening of a quiet dinner, Hallmark Channel movies, a nap, late news, and now counting down these thirty minutes to a brand New Year !!!!!!!!!!!, was my preferred recipe in bidding 2010 goodbye.  The earlier Vigil Mass totalled 223 Masses at the end of my first 6 months as Pastor of OLOL, I have celebrated and concelebrated since arriving on July 1.  Adding that to the 172 Masses, I celebrated and concelebrated, while In Residence at Sacred Heart Parish in East Sacramento, from January 1 - June 30, 2010; afforded me the opportunity to offer Mass 395 times this year.  For all my parishioners, now - this year - and the past twenty three years; - for my family members - friends - colleagues - and co-workers; for my doctors, nurses, medical personnel, and all who have assisted me in any way; - I say Thank You for Sharing 2010 with me - God Bless You And The Lord Be Gracious To You, Everyday of The New Year, which in just thirty minutes will be,  2011 A.D., in our lives of Faith, Fellowship, Family, Friendship, Fraternity, and Fidelity...........Come O Eighth Day Of Christmas And Day One OF Our New Year Of The Lord,   Father Troy David Powers

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive