Tuesday, December 28, 2010

BUYING A CAR ON THIS 4TH DAY OF CHRISTMAS...........

After four hours of parish work from the 8 am Mass through to the lunch hour, following my midday meal, I am out the door of the rectory to meet Victor Herrera, at Paul Blanco E Z Auto Center on Fulton Avenue, between El Camino Avenue and Cottage Way, here on the north side of Sacramento.  The twelve years, and seven parishes, the 1998 Chevrolet Malibu purchased as a parish car at Hobby Chevrolet in Orovile. and which followed me to Citrus Heights,. Del Paso Heights, South Sacramento, Arden-Arcade, and East Sacramento, went kaput in late September, putting me in a rental car, the past three months as I determined what I was looking for to replace it and the cost of the vehicle, coming out of my personal finances, not the OLOL parish budget.....6:24 pm.....I decided to buy another used Malibu hoping to find a more recent model at my preferred price with less than 50,000 mileage on it.  Choosing to deal with Paul Blanco, I asked for a 2005 or 2006 Chevrolet Malibu, whose total cost with tax, license, registration, and warranty guaranty, for less than my supreme maximum cost.  Paul Blanco  had a 2005 black Chevy Malibu in my preferred price range, the only thing I sought that they could not provide being the car mileage, they had none in my required price range with less than 50,000 miles on it.  The 2005 model has 63,000; and given the price was right and the test drive passed Victor's and my muster, I purchased the car and will be in it on New Year's Eve.  So going into 2011, and hopefully many years to come, this 2005 Chevy will equal its predecessor's providing me with dependable transportation and fuel efficiency, at a reasonable price..........Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive