Saturday, October 31, 2009

ALL HALLOWS EVE, NOTRE DAME, THE WORLD SERIES, AND MY NIGHT'S MOVIE OF CHOICE.........

On this Halloween night, after going out for an early Chinese food dinner, for the first time in three months, I returned to the rectory to watch the Notre Dame - Washington game and the third game of the World Series between the Phillies and the Yankees. Then in prime time, I tuned into Turner Classic Movies channel for another renowned 1945 British film, "The Body Snatcher", starring Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi, their ninth and final theatrical film together. It is an outstanding film for trick or treat night.......... I have the first All Saints Day Mass in the morning., so time to prepare my homily. One last note on this Halloween / 67th day after my transplant. Just as a parishioner was of help to me with my sick call this morning, so this evening my priestly colleagues in Indianapolis and Milwaukee, checked in with me. One by phone, the other by e-mail. God is Good...and so are the People of God.........Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive