Sunday, October 25, 2009

2 MONTHS AFTER MY KIDNEY TRANSPLANT, I PRESIDE AT MY FIRST PUBLIC MASS POST TRANSPLANT.........

Having successfully concelebrated Msgr. Mistretta's Funeral Mass on Monday, when Fr. Eduino asked me if I would take the 5:30 p.m. Saturday Mass at St. Philomene's Church, I felt confident I was strong enough with the assistance of my convalescence cane , to preside at the Mass without fail. I did exactly that last night and was amazed how strong and focused I felt for the one hour plus, the Mass took. I was much more comfortable in the sanctuary than I physically expected to be the first time back presiding and my voice was certainly strong and clear. My homily was longer than usual. I suppose after nine weeks of pent up prayers and reflections on the Scriptures and our needs as the People of God, I was trying to make up for the past 63 days...Meeting and greeting the parishioners and receiving their hearty welcome back was also very enjoyable on this Sunday when "Joy" is the underlying theme of the Word of God......Following the Mass I went to dinner at, "La Rosa Blanca", Jeremy's mothers' Mexican restaurant, where I enjoyed a bowl of Albondigas soup, guacamole, and the My Son's Special, a flour tortilla, loaded with beans, rice, beef, sour cream, which I had enchilada style, so with a chili sauce. It was Jeremy's favorite entree as a child, so that his mother named it accordingly, when she put it on the menu. Pink Lemonade was my beverage of choice.........Today, I am hoping to concelebrate the 10:30 am Mass at Presentation. As of next Sunday November 1, I will be back on the Sunday Mass schedule here and this Friday, I will celebrate the daily Mass at St. Philomene's. Here's hoping all of you have a JOYful and peace filled Sunday.........Very Truly Yours in Jesus Who Is Lord,
Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive