Tuesday, October 20, 2009

8 WEEKS TO THE DAY AFTER MY TRANSPLANT AND MY FIRST LOCAL FOLLOW-UP APPOINTMENT WITH MY KIDNEY DOCTOR ADARSH BHAT.........

On this 56th day since my kidney transplant, I had a morning appointment with my chief nephrologist, Dr. Adarsh Bhat, at Summit Nephrology in Town and Country Village, at North Sunrise Avenue and Douglas Boulevard in Roseville. Dr. Bhat is pleased with the kidney transplant I received at Mayo Clinic Hospital Arizona, on Aug. 25, his basic concern about me presently is the, "tough go", during these past six and a half of being re-hospitalized with two urinary tract infections. He approves of the Ampicillin antibiotic regimen I am taking four times a day for six weeks and he asked me to continue it to completion, with four weeks left to go on it.
He reviewed the list of all my current medications and my weekly blood lab orders for the coming year and supplemented them with further orders for blood labs both he and Dr. McMonagle will need to accurately assess my condition and progress. I will have those supplemental labs completed every 6-12 weeks. My blood pressure taken in Dr. Bhat's office this morning was 125/67; and my wieght was 231 lbs.. His response is to recommend to me, that if the bp stays consistently low, then to cut my Clonidine dose by 0.1 mg. daily and take only two per day, instead of three. Dr. Bhat also concurs that my local doctors will gradually trade out my clonidine blood pressure med, for another med for even more effective control. Dr. Bhat has scheduled to see me next on December 7, sooner than he normally would he said, so as to watch closely my continuing progress, while remaing wary of having endured my two uti's...Given that Dr. McMonagle's office is in the same complex, I stopped in at his office to say hello and present my transplanted self to him and his staff. I also gave him Dr. Bhat's blood lab orders for review and endorsement...Back at Presentation I had my lunch, watched the midday news, 'the Bold & the Beautiful' and now CNN's Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer. My afternoon nap is next and then some grocery shopping, dinner, and a relaxing evening viewing, 'Dancing With The Stars' and 'The Good Wife'.........Peace + Prayers in Jesus the Lord, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive