Sunday, October 18, 2009

40 MONTHS WITH THE PEOPLE OF GOD WHO ARE PRESENTATION PARISH.........

As I have returned home to Sacramento after my two months exile in Arizona for my kidney transplant at the Mayo Clinic Hospital in Phoenix, October 2009, marks my 40th month in priestly ministry at Presentation Parish in northeast Sacramento. Despite the renal failure and dialysis treatments I underwent for much of these past months, the parishioners of this post conciliar, prototype of a Vatican II, 3rd Millennium Catholic-Christian Community of Believers, where the Second Vatican Council definition of the Church the, "PEOPLE OF GOD", has been collaboratively and collegially practiced for most of the past 40 years. I am very much at home here, as it is thanks to the parishioners, a faith community that is everyday opportunity, and not just Sunday obligation, oriented. Ministries are many and responsively responded to by a great number of our members participating in them in fidelity to God and for the common good of all. The people of Presentation Parish I have come to know and love over the past 40 months, who have been supportive and affirming of me and my priestly ministry so faithfully and unconditionally, over these past three years, four months, that I would gladly, given the opportunity, minister to this parish in a servant-leadership capacity in the future. Over the next five and a half weeks I will complete my post transplant convalescence here at Presentation rectory while gradually preparing to return to fulltime priestly ministry. I am optimistic of achieving the goal I have had for the past five years : being reinstated as a pastor of the Church in my native Sacramento Diocese, sometime soon. In the meantime I look forward to reconnecting with these beloved parishioners, as I prepare to resume my ministry as a Priest of Jesus Christ it has been my pleasure and privilege to share in the past 22 1/2 years...Glory and Praise to God, Thanks and Appreciation to my donor, Victor, to the Mayo Clinic Arizona, and to both Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Philomene Parishes, and all ten of the parishes to date, I have served as a transitional deacon, associate pastor, pastor, and in residence, with the promise and hope of having the opportunity for so much more service as a priest and pastor in the twelve to twenty two years ahead.........Love + Prayers in Christ Jesus,
Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive