Tuesday, October 6, 2009

POST TRANSPLANT DAY 42 - GETTING ON TOP OF MY SECOND BACTERIAL INFECTION IN 4 WEEKS.........

On this 6 weeks after kidney transplant day, as I enter my third day back in the Mayo Clinic Hospital for the second time since my release after the transplant, I am feeling very much better and hoping for timely release back to my West Trapanotto Road convalescence house with my caregiver, Jeremy Lipp. Brooke, Liz, Kristi, Amanda, have been my nurses so far, this stay at Mayo. Brooke, remembered me by being one of my nurses six weeks ago; Amanda, knew me, because she was one of Victor's nurses six weeks ago; and Liz, is from Mexico City, and is also being very friendly and conversant, and has also connected well with Jeremy, bilingually. My blood pressures in hospital yesterday were in the 130's and 140's, over 60's and 70's, a real improvement for me. Two of three bladder scans have shown me retaining less than the minimum level of urine, lessening the need for self catherizing. That will keep me a happy camper if it comes to pass. My full food dinner last night was meatloaf, mashed potato, spinach, cling peaches, and iced tea, all favs of mine. As a Midnight snack Amanda brought me peanut butter with graham crackers. That is all for this edition. More Later...Love + Prayers, Fr. Troy.........

1 comment:

Juanita Moxley said...

Dear Father Troy: I pray for your complete recuperation from the infection and hope you will be back up and around again soon.
Juanita Moxley
St. Thomas the Apostle, Oroville

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive