Saturday, October 3, 2009

THE 6 WEEK MARK IN PHOENIX IN KIDNEY TRANSPLANT MODE.........

Paul Friedrich, Pastoral Council President and Adult Faith Formation ministry coordinator at Presentation Parish in Sacramento, arrived here via Salt Lake City, last night, for weekend relief caregiving with me. We had a very enjoyable night catching up with all things Presentation and Sacramento, and we exhanged books. Paul loaned me to read Stephen Ambrose's book on Lincoln and the established of the transcontinental Railroad and I shared with him my copy of Steven Avella's recent book on the History of the Catholic Church in Sacramento. After a delicious dinner of lasagne, garlic bread, and garden salad, the three of us set up all my medications in their proper dosages for the coming week which I take 4 Times daily, along with 4 blood sugar draws and insulin shots. Paul and I chatted until Midnight as we watched some college football and a world soccer match between Beckham's Los Angeles team and the Chicago Fire, learning as we watched that team member, Peter Lowry, went to elementary school and played youth soccer with Jeremy Lipp. Jeremy was struck by his name and confirmed him as his classmate/teammate, online. He is an alumnus of Bella Vista High School and the University of Santa Clara. Small world getting smaller. Jeremy then went down the road to Connolly's Sports Grill Pub, to play pool for a few hours. I had a solid several hours of sleep, without taking my pain meds to be able to sleep. It has been 35 hours since I took my last dose and have a refilled prescription of Percocet, when I need it. Instead of pain today, I am feeling more tired than usual, perhaps due to the lazy, grazy, nature of the weekend. Besides blogging, e-mailing, chatting with the caregivers, and watching CNN and MSNBC, I am lounging appreciably in the big, comfortable, oversized, chair, in the living room, kicking back and snoozing occasionally. Jeremy and Paul cooked my breakfast together, eggs overeasy, oven grilled bacon, toast, orange juice, milk, and coffee. I had a fresh peach ten minutes ago as my midmorning snack and will have a pot pie and minestrone for lunch. Our evening plan is to watch some of the Cal-USC Big Game and go to dinner at the Chili's restaurant near AZ 17, on the Carefree Highway. My first Sacramento correspondent today is Rose Mauro, from Presentation, with an e-mail, updating me on her grandson, my very special buddy, Alex. That's it to this hour...More to blog about later, as this 6th weekend in Phoenix unfolds.........
Very Truly Yours in Jesus the Christ, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive