Saturday, October 24, 2009

MY 59TH DAY POST TRANSPLANT - ATTENDING THE ALUMNI LUNCH AND BACK TO THE BOULEVARD.........

This week my thirty year friends Karin and Roger Geach are away on a mini-vacation, as Karin celebrates her birthday. Not only were they my daily correspondents during my 8 weeks of kidney transplant convalescence in Phoenix, but are weekly correspondents of several years duration, just as they have been my faithful friends and supporters, along with their sons, daughters, and families, for the three decades since I was the Religious Educatiion Confirmation catechist at St. Rose's Parish in South Sacramento in the late 70's and early 80's...HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARIN AND THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.........On Friday, I attended the monthly alumni lunch that my CSU-Sacramento fraternity brothers have been holding for a year or so now between locations in downtown Sacramento and in Roseville. It is was nice to see, catch up with, and break bread with the more than a dozen alums present...Afterwards I went out to Franklin Boulevard to visit Victor my donor, and Msgr. Kavanagh, at St. Rose's Church. Returning to Presentation rectory at 5:30 p.m., I watched the evening news and then took an extended nap after dinner, from 7:30-11:30 p.m., when I got up to watch Conan O'Brien, Jimmy Fallon, and Carson Daly, before viwing a classic British film on AMC, "Jack the Ripper". I delight in watching the black and white movie classics, both comedies and dramas. It will be a leisurely, news viewing, chillaxing Saturday, until 4 pm, when I go to St. Philomene's Church for Confessions and the 5:30 pm Mass. I am eager to see, greet, and celebrate again, with the parishioners there.........More Later...Peace + Prayers in Jesus the Christ, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive