Sunday, October 18, 2009

MY FIRST SUNDAY HOME IN SACRAMENTO AFTER MAYO CLINIC KIDNEY TRANSPLANT.........

Having begun settling back into my quarters in Presentation Parish rectory, I am awaiting the taking of my 2 a.m. Ampicillin antibiotic dose. I asumed my personal responsibility for the post transplant medications I am taking, by refilling this coming week's supply of morning, midday,evening, night, and overnight dispenser. I also took my 40 units of Lantus long term insulin. I watched the Yankees-Angels playoff game and then news on CNN and Saturday Night Live, after I wrote my Saturday blog column, and now get a headstart on my Sunday blogging...After a restful night's sleep in my rectory bed for the first time in eight weeks, I arose at 8:30 a.m., and readied myself to go over to the church to greet the 8 a.m. Presentation Massgoers. I chatted with many of them inn the narthex and out on the main entrance porch for the coffee and donuts gathering. I then proceeded over to the Nano Nagle Centre and the School cafeteria to see the Religious Education classes, teachers, students, and parents. I saw Father Jeremy Leatherby for the first time since my return and chatted with the DRE Sid Curry and 8th Grade parish school teacher, Rita Casagrande. I will return to the church to greet the 10:30 a.m. Mass congregants and then head out in the early afternoon for South Sacramento. The response of the parishioners here is thoroughly positive and affirming of my return Most are happily approaching me and expressing their pleasure at the success of the kidney transplant, and almost to a person commenting on how much better I look than before the transplant. The color back in my complexion strikes them as a significant improvement, which is something Mayo Clinic's Jason Bodner, commented about a few weeks ago. I had another very engaging conversation with Fr. Paul in the rectory kitchen before going over to the end of the 10:30 a.m. Mass. More wonderful greetings and welcome homes were awaiting me in the church and at the coffee klatch, including from my cousin and Presentation School secretary, Marlene Zamora. A nice visit with Mike Bobo and the Presentation Choir rounded out my morning visits with the parishioners. I have taken my noon meds and will now prepare my lunch. God is Good, as I see see there is soup and sandwich fixings awaiting me,which is my post transplant midday meal of late. All my best and thanks for reading my blog. This being Sunday, remember to watch the new CBS-TV transplant drama, "THREE RIVERS", starring Alex O'Louhjlin tonight, at 8 p.m. on Channel 13 in Sacramento. It is terrific and well worth watching.........Peace + Prayers in Jesus the Christ, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive