Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH" : THE FIRST 6 MONTHS.........

On Monday October 19, as I was attending Msgr. Mistretta's funeral and then beginning to catch up with my body after returning from my post transplant convalescence in Phoenix on Saturday afternoon, this blog, INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY POWERS, marked its 6 months point since inception. At a half year in existence and 131 blog columns written through this past Monday, I am pleased that more than 61 times a month persons have read or followed my blog and many of you, chosen to comment on the columns I have written. The purpose behind starting 'Insights Into Life and Faith', as a blog is to present my views on spiritual and social topics, unfettered by restraints on communicating my message clearly and precisely, as I intend it to be presented. It is unfortunate that leaving the parish bulletin for the blog has precluded those who do not have access to a computer or the internet the opportunity to avail any longer of my shared reflections. But due to having no control over what was ultimately printed there, I needed a way to provide my writings without arbitrary editing that changed or deconstructed the meaning. I thank all of you who are regularly reading or following my blog, especially the Transplant Journal I have been able to provide you of my new kidney experience to date. Please keep reading, commenting, and spreading the word to others. And remember the most direct way to find my blog is to search Google for : troydavidpowers.blogspot.com

Thank you for sharing in these past 6 months and here's to the next 6 months of sharing and interacting, as I impart insights into life and the faith we experience as Catholic-Christians with a commitment to the Gospel of Jesus; and a conscientious concern for our citizenship in this society and the world. Love, Gratitude, + Prayers, Reverend Father TROY DAVID POWERS
'Troy the Transplanted'

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive