Wednesday, October 28, 2009

MY FIRST TEN DAYS HOME POST TRANSPLANT RENEWING WITH SACRAMENTO.........

Tuesday made ten days I have been back in Sacramento from Phoenix and my post kidney transplant convalescence stay near the Mayo Clinic Arizona. Each day since my return I have attempted to do something more outside the rectory that allows me to take a bit of a walkabout. Yesterday that took me to the bank and to the pharmacy, as I had three of my regular prescriptions to pick up. Walgreen's provides the medications Drs. McMonagle, Cookson, and Bhat, have prescribed for me over the past 7.5 years. In most of the metropolitan areas Walgreen's locates their stores two miles apart from one another, which has simplified getting my prescriptions refilled. My post transplant anti-rejection drug kidney medications, are being supplied by the Mayo Clinic Specialty Pharmacy in Rochester, Minnesota, from the campus of the original Mayo Clinic. The Mayo Clinic pharmacist calls me each time refills are necessary, to confirm the proper dosages of each of the five anti rejection drugs, which my transplant team adjust weekly depending on the findings of my fasting blood labs. They then fill the order and send it by UPS to me. My latest refills arrived last Thursday, with a styrofoam enclosed ice pack included to keep my Novalog and Lantus insulins cold until I refrigerated them...Today's outing will take me to the grocery store to do my weekly food shopping. What I discovered in Phoenix when accompanying my caregivers to the grocery store is they are a great place to get a quality walk, in a temperature controlled climate and with smooth floors. The time of day chosen to shop is the key, as the one major obstacles there can be a great number of people also shopping, which can maake a convalescent walk around the store, while obtaining the grocery list diffficult, as I do not move or stop moving, as smoothly as most persons do, especially with a cane in my hand.... Two f my my contacts Tuesday came from my first cousin, Linda Jacoby Cottrell, with whom I had an enjoyable phone conversation in the early afternoon; and Roger Geach, who called to check in with me as he does a few times each month. It is always nice to hear from my family and friends, as they strive to share in and support me in my healing journey.........Very Trly Yours in Jesus Who Is Lord, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive