Friday, October 16, 2009

52.+ 2...THE PENULTIMATE DAY IN MY PHOENIX STAY.........

Friday October 16, 2009, the fifty fourth day since my arrival in Phoenix, Arizona with my donor, Victor and our caregivers, is the penultimate day of my post kidney transplant convalescence stay here, to be near my Transplant Center at the Mayo Clinic Hospital Arizona. These eight weeks in the Sonoran desert come down to today, for my current thirty day primary caregiver, Jeremy Lipp and I. As we wrap things up here at the Trapanotto Estates rental house were we have stayed since September 1, it is major housecleaning day as we prepare to depart. The owner of the house, Guy Kobey, plans on stopping by later today to see us and we plan to go for the US Mail one last time. Our foodstuffs remaining in the house besides milk and bread, come down to deli meats, yogurt, salad fixings, a few cans of soup, nuts, and snacks. So lunch today will be my usual soup, sandwich, salad, with yogurt and milk. I am going to propose to Jeremy that tonight we dine alfresco, outside at the waterfall and fireplace in the foreground of the house. Communications from beyond Phoenix are tappering off. There was no mail at the post office yesterday and other than a few Facebook messages in the past day, my only e-mail today was from my beloved friend, Ramona Bugatto. Sue, from the Mayo Clinic Specialty Pharmacy, in Rochester, Minnesota, has just called with confirmation of my medications refill order, which will be mailed to me at Presentation Parish next week...I intend to blog at least once more before our departure, with further reflections on my Mayo Clinic kidney transplant experience the past eight weeks. Thank you for reading my Transplant Journal and sharing in my surgical and convalescent Arizona experiences. Very Truly Yours in Jesus the Christ,
Fr. Troy.........

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive