Tuesday, October 6, 2009

KIDNEY TRANSPLANT PLUS 42 DAYS SHAPING UP AS A VERY GOOD ONE.........

Amanda my overnight nurse was in with me almost hourly administering meds, taking vitals, blood sugar counts and giving me insulin, running bladder scans on me each time I voided, weighing me , and assisting me with getting washed up, while she changed my bed. I didn't need to take a Percocet until nearly 5 a.m., almost 30 hours since my previous dose. Then, like Sunday night only one tablet, not two. Her three bladder scans of 60, 39, & 16, are well below the ominous 200 or more. My current day nurse, Krissy, who also cared for me my previous times here, just scanned me at 35, so I am remaining sub 200 for 24 hours now. Dr. Hamawi said I am retaining some urine in my bladder after voiding, which may likely be causing the urinary tract infections. The Transplant Team has scheduled an appointment for me with the Mayo Urology Department later this week. The BIG NEWS of the morning is I am being released from the hospital TODAY and returning to the Trapanotto Estates House and caregiving by Jeremy for the eleven days left before my return to Sacramento with him. Mayo Urology will decide if I need to self catherize; the antibiotic, Amoxilin, I will remain on indefinitely as a preventive to further infections, as well. At my 1 month Summary Appointment last Thursday I weighed 222.2 lbs.; and today, after this second infection and three days in the hospital am down to 213.3 lbs.; a 5 day loss of 8.9 lbs.
I am awaiting Jeremy's arrival from his first night's sleep in the French doored, Master Bedroom, 4 Poster, Bed in my post transplant house. Release from the hospital will be right after lunch.
Please God, this third, three day, stay in Mayo Clinic Hospital Arizona, in two three week, periods of time, since August 25th, will suffice to send me forth beyond the southwestern Sonoran Desert, back to my native roots in the Capital City of the Golden State, on Saturday October 17.........Very Truly Yours in Jesus the Christ, Fr. Troy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YA-A-A-A-AY !!! ... ;> ... BY GOD'S GRACE AND HEALING POWER UPON YOU, THE CRISIS HAS PASSED AND YOU HAVE CONQUERED YET ANOTHER 'MOUNTAIN'! THIS IS GREAT NEWS, FATHER TROY! ...

Not so good is the news that you lost nearly nine pounds in the process ... ;< ... But hey! Bring on the pizza, right?!? ... ;> ...

No, I'm only kidding - unless, of course, a pizza sounds pretty good to you right about now ... or maybe an incredibly decadent banana split or a generous slice of German Chocolate Cake to complement the marvelous supper that we're confident your very own personal Chef and All-around Good Guy, Jeremy, undoubtedly prepared for you earlier this evening! ... ;>

By the way, please tell Jeremy that Jessica's grandparents - (that would be Ken and I) - say, "hello." And perhaps mention also, that "Alex is doing a great job of covering for him at the restaurant and amazingly, is managing to play ball in his usual 'gung-ho', dynamic fashion!" LOL! ... :> ...

As for you, Dear Father Troy, we once again extend to you our continued good wishes for your complete and total recovery, and also, our joy for you, personally, because your happiness right now, is absolutely, wonderfully obvious!

Your joy is contagious, Father Troy, and we thank you most warmly for sharing it with us!

May His Blessings continue for you in every way. Amen. Amen.

Sincerely,
Joyce and Ken Davidson

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive