Thursday, October 15, 2009

7 WEEKS, 2 DAYS, SINCE TRANSPLANT - T MINUS 2...UNTIL MY SACRAMENTO RETURN.........

T Minus 2 days and counting, until my flight from Phoenix, back home to Sacramento. Thus my eight week hiatus in Arizona undergoing a kidney transplant and 7.5 weeks of the 13 week post transplant convalescence period, so as to remain near the Mayo Clinic Transplant Center for the necessary follow-up appointments and testing, is nearing completion. As we wind down our stay in the Trapanotto Estates rental house I arranged for me and my caregivers to reside at, Jeremy Lipp and I are in the words of some of my Toronto, Canada friends, "chillaxing"..., (chilling and relaxing combined). The anticipation of returning to Sacramento and being their to celebrate my birthday twenty days from now, ThanksGiving, Advent, and Christmas, as I transition back to the medical care and oversight of Dr. Bhat and Dr. McMonagle, and gradually resume some activities until being returned to my normal, everyday, work responsibilities in priestly ministry on November 25, has me wired for sound. As tomorrow is housecleaning and wrap-up errands day, we are having our farewell dinner in the house tonight. We will go out to dinner tomorrow night. Time for our postal run, then the evening news, my mocktail, and our bbq-ed dinner.........Love + Prayers, in Jesus Who Is Lord, Fr. Troy

p.s. : As I was completing this blog column update, my 30 year friend, and fellow St. Rose parishioner, Sara Nava, who was the rectory housekeeper-cook on Franklin Boulevard for 25 years, called to check in with me, just as she has cared for me and the parish priests, over these past years.........THANK YOU, SARA, ' our lady of Lantana', as I affectinately refer to her.

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive