Saturday, October 31, 2009

HALLOWEEN MAKES 2 WEEKS BACK HOME AND 2 MONTHS 6 DAYS SINCE TRANSPLANT.........

It is Halloween '09, and I am marking it by watching Hallmark Channel movies on this leisurely Saturday afternoon. I have already had my day's outing beyond the rectory and parish grounds, as I made a sick call to a 90 year old parishioner just blocks away, with the assistance of Carl DiCapo. On Friday, I celebrated the 8 am Mass at St. Philomene's Church and then got caught up with my social networking. I had lunch at 'La Rosa Blanca' with my St. Philomene's/ Sacramento State college student, parishioner friend, Noe Perez. On Thursday, I drove to Franklin Blvd., to see Victor and visit with Msgr. Kavanagh. I had an enjoyable two and a half hours there with them and got back to Presentation in time for game two of the World Series, and the night's news. Going to the pharmacy after dinner to pick up my new Magnesium supplement, just as I returned to the rectory my friend former county supervisor Ted Sheedy, for whom I worked for as a student intern more than thirty years ago, called to see how I am progressing. Sunday morning (tomorrow) I will be presiding at the 8 am Mass here at Presentation. After two weeks back I am pleased to report that so far I have been able to fend for myself and do everything I have attempted. From monitoring my medications, bathing myself, preparing my own meals, doing grocery shopping, driving to my doctor's appointments and blood labs, presiding at, and concelebrating Masses, while taking a daily nap, to rest and reivigorate my convalescing body. A Happy Halloween to everyone. It is the eve of All Hallows, the Saints of God, in whose communion of holiness we believe in as Catholic-Christians.........
Peace + Prayers in Christ Jesus, Father Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive