Thursday, October 8, 2009

FORMULA 44 POST TRANSPLANT, I FINALLY HAVE MY ANTIBIOTIC PRESCRIPTION.........

Calling Walgreen's at midday, we learned my Ampicillin prescripton was finally ready. Quizzical to me is why no phone call informing me so. After 7.5 years, as their customer, in 4 different parish rectories, I have always received at least one automated call informing me of the readiness of my prescriptions. Not here. Go figure. Two days after submitting it, a day after delaying it, a transplant recipient having had two uti's in the past four weeks, still subject to others, I have my necessary medication. I have taken my first 6 hour dose and will be taking it for at least the next 6 weeks, at 8 a.m., 2 p.m., 8 p.m., 2 a.m., through November 19, in the final week of my initial 3 month post transplant convalescence healing process. At the three month mark after my transplant, which is November 25, with my doctors authorization I will be allowed to return to work and resume regular daily activities full time. My communicators today thus far, have included - my dear friend of 25 years and seminary classmate, Fr. Dan Donohoo, in Indianapolis; Presentation Parishioners, Felicia and Glenn, who included a couple of news clippings in their card, including a 'La Rosa Blanca' restaurant coupon, DeAnn, herself a cancer survivor continuing to struggle with a recurrence of it, Bob & Irene, who wrote a wholistically letter 'A', inspired message of affirmation and acknowledgement, with the hope I will "ameliorate with alacrity" = "get well soon". !!!!!!!!!; Folsom Parishioners, Tom, Lisa, baby Kaitlyn, and Jan; and my daily correspondents and 30 year friends, Karin and Roger, with a wonderful quote from one of the spiritual writers I enjoy, Max Lucado. Having had a hearty lunch of Chili Con Carne, Rice, and bbq chicken, I think I will eat an Irish "Tea" style Dinner, soup, salad, and a sandy.........Time for the evening news, so more later.........Peace + Prayers in Jesus the Christ, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive