Sunday, October 11, 2009

MY 8 SUNDAYS IN PHOENIX EQUAL 6 DAYS UNTIL MY RETURN TO SACRAMENTO.........

Day 47, after my kidney transplant is the 7 week mark I have been in Phoenix since arriving August 23, 8 Sundays ago. With 6 days left here convalescing in a rented house in the Trapanotto Estates, twenty miles north of Mayo Clinic Hospital, I have a final Fasting Blood Labs appointment at 7:20 a.m., tomorrow and then a 9 a.m. appointment with Physician Assistant, Jason Bodner. An appointment with the Urology Department this week and that will be my experience of the Mayo Clinic Arizona for now. I will be back here for a week in December for the 4 month Kidney Transplant Evaluation follow-up appointments and then again in August of next year for my first, lifelong, Annual Transplant Evaluation visit.........Sunday primetime television has substantially improved this season with the new CBS drama, "Three Rivers", dealing with organ transplants. Granted, I possess a personal and emotional bias about transplantation and given, I had already stated that my favorite new series is, "The Good Wife", with Juliana Marguiles; "Three Rivers", led by Alex O'Loughlin and Alfre Woodward, is astonishingly good. The first two episodes have been riveting stories well acted. I highly recommend it to all my friends and followers...Today October 11, is the 47th anniversary of the start of the Second Vatican Council in 1962; and the 2nd anniversary of Bishop Soto's appointment as Coadjuator Bishop of Sacramento in 2007. There I go again spouting history !!!!!!!! The countdown to departure continues please God, T minus 6 days to saying, home sweet home to Sacramento. Tonight's dinner like all of them the night before fasting blood labs, had to be before 7 p.m., and Jeremy BBQ-ed steaks with sides of green beans, potato salad, and garlic bread. My dessert tonight was ginger ale and water...I hope your Sunday has been as restful and peace-filled as mine.........Love + Prayers in Jesus Who Is Lord, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive