Wednesday, October 14, 2009

POST TRANSPLANT DAY 50 - MAYO UROLOGY GIVES ME THUMBS UP.........

My appointment with the Mayo Clinic Arizona Urology Department Dr. Vas, was at 11 a.m. today. She told me in reviewing my case and condition, that the testing done last week while I was back in the hospital with my second urinary tract infection, was negative for substantial retention in my bladder after voiding. She does not think there is any further need to self catherize as a result and is concerned that catherizing may increase the likelihood of further infections. Dr. Vas wants me to continue the 6 week Ampicillin antibiotic regimen Dr. Hamawi and the Transplant Team placed me on a week ago. To confirm her analysis and last week's findings, she had me remain at Mayo for lunch with Jeremy, in the hospital cafeteria and then return to the clinic at 1:30 p.m., with a full bladder so that they could measure the volume of the fluid retention in my bladder after voiding. The nursing assistant who did my bladder scan found I was retaining only one ounce after voiding, and amounts under five ounces ae not considered a problem. So I am released to come home to Sacramento this Saturday, until my 4 month, post transplant, follow-up visit at Mayo Clinic Hospital Arizona, in December.
I am awaiting word back from Citrus Heights as to when Msgr. Mistretta's Funeral will be. I am hoping it will be after Saturday, so that I will be able to concelebrate. More tomorrow on what will be the second to last full day in Phoenix for me and Jeremy. Peace + Prayers,
in Jesus the Christ, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive