Monday, October 12, 2009

FOUR DOZEN DAYS AFTER MY TRANSPLANT @ MAYO CLINIC HOSPITAL ARIZONA AND MY FINAL INITIAL POST TRANSPLANT CONVALESCENCE APPOI NTMENT FOR NOW.........

We left Trapanotto House at 6:48 a.m. this morning for my 7:20 a.m. fasting blood labs at the Mayo Clinic followed by my meds and breakfast in the hospital cafeteria, before my 9 a.m. last initial convalescence follow-up appointment with P.A. Jason Bodner. After reviewing my medicatioins with me, giving me a physical examination, and checking the healing of my incisional wound, he pronounced himself very pleased with my continuing progress, as they prepare to release me back to Dr. Bhat, my chief nephrologist (kidney doctor) in Roseville. My blood glucose level this a.m. according to Mayo's labs was 101; at 7;45 a.m., whereas Jeremy recorded 114; at 8 a.m., on my diabetic meter. My lab values today were my Creatinine level was up just .1 to 1..6, down from an 11.6, forty eight days ago; my potassium level is a good 4.7, with the norm being 3.5-5.5; my hemaglobin an acceptable 11.9, down .5 fro 2 weeks ago with 13.2, being ideal; and my leukocytes, (white blood cells) are at a sub par 8.7; again down from 2 weeks ago, but probably due to my urinary tract infection #2, nine days ago, according to the Transplant Team. Jason confirmed I continue to practice Dr. Hamawi's recommendation to remain one to minutes after voiding, to see if there is more fluid to be emptied from my bladder, as they are now of a mind that there was / is some retention occurring, perhaps due to my diabetes, that has caused the uti's. He also requested for the next two to three days that I self catherize twice daily, to see if I collect any further urine after voiding. It is an awkward and painful procedure, especially difficult for me to do by myself, which I was hoping Mayo Urology would not require. I also discussed with Jason my two departing requests of the Mayo Clinic. One that I be released back to the Sutter Memorial Transplant Center in Sacramento, and not the UC Davis Transplant Center, given the delayed, bureaucratic, treatment and rejection for transplant Victor and I unnecessarily endured by them, considering other professionals in the field are saying that my kidney transplant should have taken place in Sacramento before the end of 2007. Jason explains Mayo Clinic is releasing me back to my nephrologist, Dr. Bhat and not a transplant center and that I am to ask Dr. Bhat to arrange it for me, accordingly. My second request was that the 4 month Evaluation weeklong follow-up appointment here in Phoenix, be scheduled in December before Christmas and not in January, as I am optimistic of being back to fulltime ministry of some kind, come the first of the New Year.........Peace + Prayers in Jesus the Christ, Fr. Troy...T Minus 5 Days and Counting to my Sacramento Return.....

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive