Monday, October 19, 2009

DAY 55 POST TRANSPLANT BACK IN SACRAMENTO AND CITRUS HEIGHTS.........

Today, Monday October 19, I attended the Funeral Mass for Msgr. Vito Mistretta, the founding Pastor of Holy Family Parish in Citrus Heights. Carl and Rose DiCapo, who are Presentation parishioners kindly drove me to Holy Family, as I had not yet retrieved my car from South Sacramento. Bishops +Jaime Soto, +William Weigand, and +Francis Quinn, concelebrated the Mass with 47 priests who were present. It was wonderful seeing my colleagues and visiting with them and my former parishioners before and after the funeral. My close friend and colleague, Father Benedict DeLeon, graciously agreed to drive me back to Presentation rectory and after four hours of liturgizing, fraternalizing, and socializing, I was ready for a substantial afternoon nap. Tonight after watching the evening news and having dinner I made a few phone calls, including a lengthy conversation with Victor, as we caught up with each other's progress. I also started planning my post transplant parties in November. My kidney Dr. Bhat's office and have scheduled an appointment with me for tomorrow morning, Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. in Roseville. More Tomorrow.........Love + Prayers, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive