Monday, November 2, 2009

OUR NOVEMBER MONTH OF REMEMBRANCE.........

All Saints Day yesterday, leads to All Souls Day today, known in the Hispanic culture as, The Day of the Dead, It is the start of our annual Catholic-Christian month of rememembrance of all the holy souls of the faithful departed. So today and throughout this month of November, I am especially thinking, praying, and celebrating Masses for, my mother, father, brother, grandparents, and so many family members, friends, neighbors, and parishioners, who have filled my life and gone forth from this world to the next. My day started early as Mondays are now my weekly fasting blood labs day. I arrived at the Labcorp office on Coyle Avenue in Carmichael at 8 am and with four draws ahead of me, had a thirty minute wait. I returned to Presentation, made my breakfast, checked my e-mail and have kept myself in prayerful remembrance of the holy souls throughout the day. Rising at 6:45 am, meant I was ready for my afternoon nap at noon, which I took for just over an hour and have spent some time now trying to get to the bottom of the bummer of the day. All of the Diredt TV channels,except for the local stations are appearing blank, as though they are pay per view. Thus no CNN / MSNBC / C-SPAN / History Channel / TCM / AMC / or HALLMARK Channel / and I am having withdrawal pangs...The parish secretary is contacting Direct TV to determine the source of the problem...On this Day of Prayer for our beloved dead, I am also including the members of our military, especially those killed in Afghanistan and Iraq, and the victims of the air collision in San Diego last week that cost local lives....EUREKA !! The Direct TV technician has just successfully walked me throughthe process of restoring service, by taking out the sim card, giving her the last four numbers on the card, re-inserting it, and hitting the re-set button. That's my Day 69 post transplant to the 4 pm hour. More soon.........Peace + Prayers in Christ Jesus, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive