Friday, November 27, 2009

FAMILY, FRIENDS AND FELLOW BELIEVERS, FULFILL A FOCUS ON FAITH AND FELLOWSHIP.........

For the past week I have renewed my focus on my pastoral model of the Church : "Faith, Fellowship, Collegiality, Collaboration". As I have prayed and reflected on the blessings of my life for which I have reason to give thanks this year, the role family, friends, and fellow believers, have played came into further focus for me. This ThanksGiving Friday I arose at 7 am, to be ready for the 8 am Mass at St. Philomene's and then went to Labcorp for a follow-up fasting blood lab, as my Prograf anti rejection drug level was slightly high last Monday. Celebrating this day after ThanksGiving, is an excellent time to share the reflection that has resulted from my experience of family, friends, and fellow believers, in recent months. My sisters upon learning when and where my kidney transplant would take place, decided to come to Phoenix for the transplant surgery and to help provide the first month of post transplant caregiving. Three of my cousins also were in contact before and after my transplant, offering their care, concern and support. Many of my longtime friends have also been a constant presence to me during these harrowing months just past, from Ted Sheedy, Curtis Richards, Joe Gibson, Ray Riehle, Teres and Mike Mugnaini, Ramona Bugatto, Sara Nava, Pat Hornback, Frank and Sally McNamara, Joe and Deborah McNamara, Jon Salinger,David Bugatto, Bruce Mattos, Matt Cologna, Scott McKenna, Rob Allen, Doug Plazak, Mike Dremel, Rob Paoletti, Mary Carson, Carole Salerno, Christine Cologna, Katie Carlsen, Karin, Roger, Rodd, Karla, and the entire Geach Family, Ellie Radich, Lou Richmond, Rose and Jack Sapanaro, Mary and Lou Maucieri, and Jeremy Lipp, and his Family, among so many other loyal and loving friends. Fellow believers and parishioners past and present, have also been there for me through the ordeal of my pre and post transplant experiences. They include, Louise Bartridge, Donna Ransom, Steve Fischer, Elaine Massey, Mary Ravenscroft, *Shirley Reeder, Deacon Emmett and Jackie Pogue, Sister Julianna Clancy, RSM, Carl and Rose DiCapo, Wally Dondero, Paul Friedrich,Shirley Figenshu, Pat Riecks,Rose Mauro, Mike Bobo, Jon Hillegeist, Barbara Fay, Dolly Johnson, Deacon Red Cheever, Alan Nissila, Noe Perez, Mark Farmer, Julie Peila, Dave McClean, and countless others, to whom my depth of gratitude is also extended. Why do these persons and so many people in my circle have chosen to be there and come through for me, when we need them most ??? The primary reasons are Love and the interpersonal relationships we share. But I truly believe that their belief in me, an expression of Faith, and their affection for the bonds we have forged, expressing Fellowship, are also integral to the response of family, friends, and fellow believers, to my renal failure and kidney transplant experiences. Thank You EVERYONE, for being present to me and participating productively in the process of my transplant surgery and convalescence. My thoughts, prayers, Masses, and lasting gratitude are yours now and always !!! You are Awesome exemplars of the Catholic-Christian Discipleship we are meant to not only profess, but practice. Giving Thanks For You One and All With Heartfelt Gratitude. Yours In Jesus the Lord, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive