Thursday, November 5, 2009

DAY 72 POST TRANSPLANT AND MY BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS CONTINUE.........

My grateful thanks to the four dozen persons who remembered me yesterday on my birthday, with visits, gifts, calls, cards, e-mails, and Facebook messages. The fun continues today and tomorrow with lunches and dinners with some of my personal friends, as my welcome home get togethers also proceed. "God is Good", not only in providing me with this kidney transplant and a new lease on life, but with such a wonderful circle of friends..Today's highlights were my 11:30 am lunch the man for whom I served as a student intern in college for two years, my friend and former Sacramento County Supervisor, Ted Sheedy. We lunched at the Cheesecake Factory in Arden Fair mall. It was a an enjoyable ninety minutes reconnecting and catching up. Tonight after more than an hour's visit with Msgr. Kavanagh, I went to dinner at the home of my friends Joe and Deb McNamara, in Curtis Park. Their friend Becky was also there. The four of us had a delightful conversation and ate a home cooked meal of Deb's distinctive French onion soup, Joe's delectable bbqed rib eye steaks, and Becky's deliriously fluffy and puffy apple pie. I washed it down with my mocktail for the evening, which was delicious apple cider.........It was a day and a night I will remember fondly.........Very Truly Yours in Jesus' Name, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive