Wednesday, November 25, 2009

3 MONTHS TODAY AFTER MY KIDNEY TRANSPLANT : CONVALESCENCE CONCLUDING.........

It is 3 months today since I received my kidney transplant at the Mayo Clinic Hospital Arizona. I have been back in Sacramento 39 days, from my eight week transplant sojourn in the Phoenix desert. Coping successfully to date during the ninety two days since receiving the kidney from my living donor, Victor Herrera, I am ever grateful to him, to Dr. Ardyll Moss, my surgeon, and the entire Mayo Clinic Transplant Team, of doctors, nurses, and coordinators, for their exemplary treatment and care. I am also very appreciative of my local doctors, Drs. Ardash Bhat, James McMonagle, James Cookson; and my primary caregivers, my sisters, Alice White and Alene Powers, Curtis Richards, Jeremy Lipp, my seminary classmate, Fr. Oliver Maher, and Presentation parishioners, Joe DiMarco, and Paul Friedrich. To all of you my dear friends, past and present parishioners, and supporters, who have faithfully and loyally offered prayers, and sent cards, gifts, e-mails, and phone calls, to me over the past three months, I say thanks from the depths of my heart. While in Phoenix post transplant I contended with two urinary tract infections, which can be common occurrences for kidney transplant recipients. The Mayo Clinic's treatment and antibiotic regimen has seemed to have arrested the problem for now, Praise the Lord. My brother priests have also been very supportive. In addition to Fr. Oliver, they have included Frs. Dan Bollard, Martin Tobin, Jim Murphy, Martin Delaney, Sean O'Connor, Dermot Ryan, Rahoul Phillips, Dan Donohoo, Ben DeLeon, Eduino Silveira, Paul Schloeder, Jerry Ryle, Steve Avella, Tony Traynor, Bill Kinane, Paul Ricks, Brendan McKeefry, Msgrs. Ed Kavanagh, Jim Church, Jim Cassin, Kieron Kennedy, and Bishops Jaime Soto, William Weigand, Francis Quinn, Richard Garcia, Laurence Forristal, and Seamus Freeman.
To all my American and Irish friends, including the "usual suspects", go my salute and felicitations, for your ongoing help and support during the two and a half years of my kidney failure and dialysis and in the pre and post transplant periods of the past many months. I will remember you fondly always, for being present and providing for me in this most acute time of need in my life and ministry. Foremost, I am forever in a spirit of awe, glory and praise, to God for gracing me with this new lease on life and the potential for furthering my priestly ministry fulltime. Please God that will lead to my being appointed a Pastor of the Church in the Sacramento Diocese in the new year... Also today, a very Happy Birthday to my St. Rose's / St. Patrick's colleague, Presentation parishioner, and 30 year friend, Patricia Hornback !!!!!!!!! .........Appreciatively and Gratefully yours in Christ Jesus Our King, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive