Tuesday, November 17, 2009

12 WEEKS TODAY POST KIDNEY TRANSPLANT AND PROGRESSING FORWARD.........

On this twelve week day mark since my kidney transplant, Dr. Bhat's assistant just called to say he has received the blood labs I did yesterday and that my Magnesium is perfect and to continue taking my daily supplement. That makes four weeks of blood labs since returning to Sacramento and a Magnesium supplement being added to my medications has been the only adjustment made. That not only makes me happy, but glad to know things are proceeding as they should. My medications, diet, walking, and gradual increase in daily activities, are succeeding as I stand eight days away from the three month mark since my kidney transplant. Occurring on ThanksGiving Eve, means I can begin to resume a normal daily schedule, right on time to celebrate ThanksGiving, Advent and Christmas, with a renewed lease on life and my priestly, pastoral, ministry. That has been my goal for the past five years plus; and is the primary reason I have perservered in my vocation despite having the frustration and limitations of having to relinquish my pastorate and have two medical leaves imposed upon me since July 31, 2004. I am confident that continuing to minister in the parishes of Our Lady of Lourdes, St. Rose's, Presentation, and St. Philomene's, either in residence or as a Parochial Vicar, has made a difference in the lives of those parishioners, despite my diminished health until receiving my transplant. The alternative options : to have allowed myself to be completely sidelined, or to walk away from my priestly vocation, or a disability retirement, were unacceptable to me. Please God, as I return to full time ministry in the weeks and months ahead and hopefully will be restored to a pastorate, the value and effectiveness of my servant-leadership will speak volumes about why I endured the pain and frustration of being marginalized and provide me the opportunity to continue being a, "faithful witness" to Jesus the Christ, and the, "People of God", I am privileged to serve as a priest and pastor of the Catholic Church.........Peace + Prayers, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive