Friday, November 6, 2009

FIRST FRIDAY OF NOVEMBER BRINGS ME A SCHOOL MASS AND LUNCH AT THE TERRACE.........

This morning I presided at the 8:15 am Mass with the Presentation School students. Their theme was, 'Giving God Praise'. Being it is November, the month of the Faithful Departed, I used one of the three All Souls Masses as my liturgical propers. Before the end of Mass, I conducted a brief open forum with the students I call, Ask Father Troy. I specifically asked for their questions about my kidney transplant. I received about six questions, focused mostly on the amount of pain my transplant caused me and why I needed to get a kidney transplant ? After resting for ninety minutes after breakfast, I watched some of News 10 Midday, with my friend Dan Elliott. Then I drove down to Town & Country Village and met my dearly beloved friend Ramona Bugatto, at The Terrace restaurant for a wonderful welcome home / happy birthday lunch. As always during the past three decades of our friendship, the conversation of the ninety minutes we spent there, was fantastic. I have made it a casual, restful afternoon and evening since returning to my rectory quarters. Tomorrow will be pretty much the same and then I celebrate the 10:30 am Mass Sunday here at Presentation.........Peace + Prayers in Jesus,
Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive