Saturday, November 21, 2009

THE FEAST OF THE PRESENTATION OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY.........

Today, Saturday is the Presentation Parish Feast Day, commemorating the fidelity of the Blessed grandparents, Sts. Anne and Joachim as Jewish parents, in presenting their infant daughter Mary in the Temple. Presentation Parish celebrated the feast day with a 40 Hours Devotion of the Blessed Sacrament. After my 33 hour trek to and from, Shasta and Siskiyou counties on Thursday and Friday, today I rested until the mid-afternoon when I went to St. Philomene's for the Saturday Confessions and the Sunday Vigil Mass. I will also be presiding at the 7 am & 9 am Masses at St. Philomene's Sunday morning. There was sad news this week from St.Thomas the Apostle Parish, Oroville, where I was Pastor from 1994-2000. Fr. Ben DeLeon succeeded me there as Pastor until his appointment as Pastor of St. Joseph's Parish, Redding in 2008. He informed me that Shirley Reeder, a longtime Oroville parishioner and parish minister died during the week. Her funeral is scheduled for this Tues. Nov. 24, and I am hoping to meet Fr. Ben at St. Thomas the Apostle to concelebrate Shirley's Funeral Mass with the current Oroville Pastor, Fr. Roland Pabellan. Shirley Reeder remained in regular contact with me after I departed from St. Thomas the Apostle, and was particularly faithful in checking in and checking up on me in the years since my diabetes and kidney disease. Eternal rest grant unto her O Lord. May she and all the holy souls rest in peace. Alleulia Amen.........Peace + Prayers in Jesus the Christ, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive