Tuesday, November 3, 2009

LAST DAY OF MY PERSONAL YEAR IS DAY 70 AFTER TRANSPLANT.........

It is Election Day '09 in the USA, and my politically educated and enthralled self, is having to settle for minimal local stations coverage, as my Direct TV package is not functioning again for the third time in two days. Twice their telephone technicians got my system restored briefly, but as soon as I changed channels, it was gone again. The third attempt led me right down primrose lane, as I was transferred to a supervisor, who told me either I would have to personally check and repair the connection problem or pay $120.00 for a technician to come out and repair it. I refused to pay that exorbitant a fee to have them do something of this nature and when I told her if the parish agreed to have their tech come out at that cost, we would be changing companies immediately, she changed her tune. Protesting my lack of nothing other than local service until the repair, a tech is scheduled to come tomorrow (my birthday) between Noon-4 pm. So much for going out for a birthday lunch !! But good news also arrived today in the form of a telephone call from the Mayo Clinic Arizona, informing me my 4 month follow-up evaluation visit has been scheduled for Monday December 21, Tuesday December 22, Wednesday December 23, the week I requested that they schedule it...Ten weeks following my kidney transplant, I am continuing to do well and getting through my daily activities. Today that included a pastoral counseling / Anointing of the Sick appointment, and a trip to the bank and the grocery store. Time to see if I can find a Election '09 update. Thanks for reading and sharing in ,my November post transplant convalescence experience.........Peace in Christ,
Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive