Sunday, November 8, 2009

DAY 75 POST TRANSPLANT AND MY 6TH PARISH MASS BACK IN SAC.........

It is the diamond day (75th) since my kidney transplant in Phoenix, and today on my twenty second day back in Sacramento, I presided at the sixth parish Mass I have celebrated since coming home on October 17. The 10:30 am Mass at Presentation today, follows my celebrating the 8 am Mass here last Sunday and the School Mass this past Friday. I also have celebrated three Masses since returning, at St. Philomene's, two weekday Masses and one Sunday Mass. Today's Mass at Presentation was my last here for November. This Thursday I will celebrate the 8 am Mass at St. Philomene's and will supply there for my classmate, Father Eduino, from November 17-December 4, while he is on vacation. The Sunday Masses at Presentation this weekend included a longstanding parish custom, during the month of November remembrance. After the General Intercessions and before the Presentation of the Gifts, the names of deceased loved ones of the parishioners present are called out individually, and a family member, friend, or fellow parishioner, brings forth a white carnation and places it in a vase in the sanctuary. At the 10:30 am Mass, 62 persons names were called and 62 white carnations placed. Replicated over 4 Sunday Masses, means some 240 plus carnations were offered in remembrance of the Holy Souls. It is Sunday night, so I have had an eary dinner as required for my fasting blood labs in the morning. I have already transitioned to water only until after the draw at 8 am, or thereabouts. As I await episode 6 of, "Three Rivers", at 8 pm, I am continuing to watch the Hallmark movies, based on the novels of Janette Oke. Again, I strongly recommend you view "Three Rivers", and experience this fine transplant drama.
More soon...Peace + Prayers in Jesus the Lord, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive