Monday, November 16, 2009

PREPARING TO COVER THE BASES @ ST. PHILOMENE'S PARISH FOR 2.5 WEEKS.........

Lat night's seventh episode of, 'Three Rivers', the new transplant drama on CBS, was the best one yet. Special guest star Mandy Patinkin, of Broadway, and on television, Chicago Hope and Criminal Minds, fame - portrayed a businessman with advanced ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease, who decides to donate his organs to other awaiting patients, by turning life support off on himself. It was an episode of Emmy / Peabody Awards quality recognition. If it did not prove to the viewing audience and CBS-TV, that this series deserves to be picked up for the full season, what will ?? If you have not viewed it yet, catch it next Sunday at 8 pm on Channel 13 in Sacramento, or 9 pm Eastern and Pacific; 8 pm Central and Mountain time...Having taken my weekly fasting blood labs at 8 am this morning at the Labcorp on Coyle Avenue in Carmichael, I am making this a leisurely, restful, day following an active weekend and in anticipation of supplying at St. Philomene's Church for the next two and a half weeks, starting tomorrow. I am scheduled to celebrate 15 Masses, Nov. 17-Dec. 3, and be available for sick calls and funerals, while Father Eduino is on vacation. My one work activity today is doing my laundry, which along with my own meal preparation, I have assumed responsibility for, since returning to Sacramento thirty days ago. They join doing my own grocery shopping, which I have been doing and paying for, since being placed on medical leave on October 20, 2008. I am not complaining, for the Presentation parishioners have been very generous in that regard. For more than two years from April 2007 and August 2009, seven parishioners stepped up and cooked weekly dinner meals, according to the dietary restrictions of my diabetes and kidney failure. They cooked the meals in their homes and delivered them to the rectory. That allowed me to return to the rectory after my dialysis treatments, three times a week with an appropriate meal waiting for me. It also made my day off a complete day of rest, in regards to preparing dinner. I thank and salute them once more. Syd & Carl Curry; Joan Qualls; Kitty Friedricks; Julia McAffee; Irene & Bob Cervantes; were my dinner cooks for those twenty eight months, and to whom I am especially grateful, for as I am fond of proclaiming, "Food, Glorious Food". I am progressing with getting my laundry done, so as I wait to complete it, back to the, 'Situation Room' and 'Hardball', and Oprah's interview with Sarah Palin, before preparing dinner, which tonight is Spaghetti with Meat sauce.........Peace + Prayers in Jesus the Lord of All Creation, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive